World of Warcraft patch 7.1.5, Legion’s first small-ish patch, is now on the PTR undergoing testing. We’ve gathered every bit of information we can about it below, from datamining to announcements, trailers and official notes. Read on for all that and more.
First up, here’s the major patch headlines:
- Brawler’s Guild Returns for season three with a large batch of new challenges.
- Pandaria time-walking brings the expansion’s dungeons to the fore once again, along with a new vendor.
- Micro-holidays are one-day events that reward little to no long-lasting benefit, but give players something new to do for 24 hours.
- The first major balance pass on all classes
And now, details.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 release date
Most importantly, when do we get to play it? Well it’s live on the PTR right this very second if you want an early look and to help iron out the bugs. As for final release, that’s so far unannounced beyond it won’t be during 2016. Expect it within a couple of weeks of Blizzard returning to the office in January – as Hazzikostas put it during the second Q&A, you nobody wants a patch released just before everyone leaves the office for two weeks.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 Q&A
A post-BlizzCon Q&A was ran with some more tidbits on 7.1.5. Here’s the archive:
A second Q&A was ran in early December, focusing on class-specific questions:
There will be a third Q&A in January, likely accompanying a release date announcement.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 balance changes
Oh boy, these have caused quite a stink. There’s no official notes yet so personal testing and datamining are the best things to go on. We’ll update when the picture is a little clearer, but for now we’d recommend checking your class’ Discord for a breakdown of what’s changing. This post from Community Manager Ornyx also provides some context. There’s also this compilation from Wowhead of changes so far, though it may be a tad difficult to parse.
Of note is a rebalance to how secondary stats work which will see most items over ilevel 800 receive a stat boost. Much of this is explained in this post.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 legendary changes
The first major balance pass on legendaries is happening in this patch. The details on each are blow – where a legendary has been completely changed, we’ve noted the rework and written the text of the new ability. Unless otherwise stated, the old ability has been removed. For the reasoning behind the massive number of nerfs, check this blue post from community manager Lore.
- Prydaz, Xavaric’s Magnum Opus – Reworked effect: Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 25% of your maximum health for 30 sec.
- Stat changes: +1247 Haste, +113 Crit, -757
- Roots of Shaladrassil – Heal now ticks every 2 sec, decreased from 3 sec.
- Sephuz’s Secret – Now also triggers from interrupts and dispels. Haste granted increased to 25%, up from 15%. 30 second cooldown.
- Cinidaria, the Symbiote – Now heals you for 100% of the damage done. Bonus damage is no longer Physical.
- Aggramar’s Stride – Will now buff movement speed based on your Critical Strike if that value is higher.
- Norgannon’s Foresight – Reworked effect: Standing still for 8 sec grants you Foresight, allowing you to cast while moving for 5 sec.
- The Instructor’s Fourth Lesson – Scourge Strike Festering Wound bursts decreased to 1-3 from 1-5
- Seal of Necrofantasia – Empower Rune Weapon recharge speed increased to 10% bonus from 5%
- Sascrolash’s Dark Strike:
- Stat change: -490 Crit, +489 Mastery
- Runemaster’s Pauldrons – Now also resets cooldown on your Empower Wards and grants you 1 charge of Demon Spikes
- Loramus Thalipedes’ Sacrifice – Fel Rush bonus damage increased to 10% from 5% for each subsequent target.
- Anger of the Half-Giants – Maximum additional Demon Bite fury generation decreased to 14 from 20
- Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds – Effects of Thick Hide, Astral Influence, Feline Swiftness, and Ysera’s Gift by increased to 75% buff from 50%
- The Emerald Dreamcatcher – Starsurge Astral Power cost reduction decreased to 7 from 10.
- Impeccable Fel Essence – Astral Power required to reduce cooldown increased to 12 from 8.
- The Wildshaper’s Clutch – Chance to trigger primal fury from bleed crits decreased to 30% from 40%.
- The Apex Predator’s Claw – Pet damage bonus decreased to 5% from 10%.
- The Shadow Hunter’s Voodoo Mask – Heal only maintains while Feigning Death
- Nesingwary’s Trapping Treads – Focus gained per trap triggered increased to 25 from 15.
- Call of the Wild – Aspect cooldown reduction decreased to 35% from 50%.
- Ullr’s Featherweight Snowshoes – Trueshot cooldown reduction per shot decreased to 0.8 seconds from 1.
- Marquee Bindings of the Sun King – Pyroblast damage decreased to 275% from 300%
- Koralon’s Burning Touch – Reworked effect: Scorch now a guaranteed Critical Strike against enemies below 30% health. Also increases Scorch damage by 350%.
- Mystic Kilt of the Rune Master – Maximum mana per Arcane Charge spent decreased to 3% from 4%.
- Rhonin’s Assaulting Armwraps – Proc chance decreased to 18% from 25%.
- Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred – Reworked effect: Touch of Karma now deals 150% increased damage.
- Hidden Master’s Forbidden Touch – Touch of Death second use time increased to 5 seconds from 3.
- Ei’thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas – Rising Sun Kick melee attack heal extension increased to 5 seconds from 2.
- Fundamental Observation – Reworked effect: Zen Meditation has 50% reduced cooldown and is no longer cancelled when you move or when you are hit by melee attacks.
- Firestone Walkers – Fortifying Brew cooldown reduction increased to 2 seconds, maximum 6 from 1 second, maximum 4.
- Uther’s Guard – Added effect: Now also heals the target for 15% of their maximum health.
- Justice Gaze – Hammer of Justice damage increased to 600% from 350%.
- Chain of Thrayn – Reworked effect: Grants an additional 50% healing done (25% for Holy) and an additional 20% damage done while Avenging Wrath is active.
- Liadrin’s Fury Unleashed – Holy Power now gifted every 4 seconds of Avenging Wrath, increased from 2.5
- Whisper of the Nathrezim – Damage buff to next Templar’s Verdict / Divine Storm decreased to 15% from 25%
- Phyrix’s Embrace – Reworked effect: Increases Guardian Spirit’s duration and healing bonus by 50% and Guardian Spirit no longer terminates its healing bonus effect when sacrificing itself.
- The Twins’ Painful Touch – Now works with Mind Flay instead of Mind Sear.
- Anund’s Seared Shackles – Bonus Void Bolt damage per stack increased to 4% from 2%.
- Shadow Satyr’s Walk – Shadowstrike base energy restoration decreased to 3 energy from 10 energy. Now increases based on every three yards to target.
- Shivarran Symmetry – Initial Blade Flurry cleave damage decreased to 65% from 70%.
- Greenskin’s Waterlogged Wristcuffs – Pistol Shot damage buff decreased to 300% from 400%
- Insignia of Ravenholdt – Additional Shadow damage decreased to 12% from 20%.
- Zodyck Family Training Shackles – Poison / Bleed damage buff decreased to 30% from 40%.
- Spiritual Journey – Feral Spirits cooldown recovery increased to 500% from 75%
- Eye of the Twisting Nether – Bonus damage per application decreased to 1.5% from 2%.
- Focuser of Jonat, the Elder – Chain Heal buff decreased to 10% from 15%.
- The Deceiver’s Blood Pact – Proc chance decreased to 15% from 30%.
- Alythess’s Pyrogenics – Rain of Fire bonus damage increased to 10% from 7%
- Feretory of Souls – Proce chance decreased to 10% from 15%.
- Hood of Eternal Disdain – Speed buff decresed to 10% from 20%.
- Sin’dorei Spite – Damage buff decreased to 15% from 30%.
- Varo’then’s Restraint – Proc chance decreased to 20% from 30%.
- Archavon’s Heavy Hand – Mortal Strike Rage refund decreased to 8 Rage from 15.
- Destiny Driver – Absorb shield increased to 50% of damage intercepted from 15%.
- Kakushan’s Stormscale Gauntlets – Now affects Thunder Clap instead of Revenge.
- Ceann-Ar Rage – Rage gain decreased to 8 from 10.
- Fujieda’s Fury – Bloodthirst stack max decreased to 4 from 5.
- Ayala’s Stone Heart – Approx. procs per minute decreased to 1.8 from 3.
- Stat change: -223 Crit, +222 Mastery
Patch 7.1.5 New Legendaries
There’s also a whole bunch of new legendaries too. Here’s a breakdown of their special effects and which stats they have:
- Archimonde’s Hatred Reborn – Versatility / Mastery Tank Trinket. Use: Gain an absorb shield for 30% of your max health for 10 seconds, 75% of damage absorbed dealt to nearby enemies split evenly when it expires. 72 second cooldown.
- Velen’s Future Sight – Crit / Mastery / Haste Healing Trinket. Use: Buffs all healing done by 15% and 50% of overhealing is redistributed to 3 nearby injured allies for 10 seconds. 72 second cooldown.
- Kil’jaeden’s Burning Wish – Crit / Haste / Mastery DPS Trinket. Use: Fire a projectile that explodes from your current target for 862,800 damage to enemies within 10 yards. 72 second cooldown.
- Death March – Crit / Mastery Head. Death Strike and Death Coil reduce the remaining cooldown of Defile by 2 seconds.
- Skullflower’s Haemostasis – Crit / Versatility Shoulders. Blood Boil buffs your next Death Strike by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.
- Consort’s Cold Core – Haste / Mastery Legs. Sindragosa’s Fury has 50% reduced cooldown and Freezes for 3 seconds.
- Delusions of Grandeur – Crit / Mastery Shoulders. The remaining cooldown on Metamorphosis is reduced by 1 second for every 30 fury spent.
- Spirit of the Darkness Flame – Versatility / Mastery Hands. Fiery Brand now heals you for 100% of the damage done and each enemy hit by your Sigil of Flame buffs Fiery Brand by 15%, stacking up to 15 times.
- Lady and the Child – Mastery / Crit Shoulders. Your Moonfire also hits another enemy within 20 yards of the target.
- Fiery Red Maimers – Crit / Mastery Legs. Maim deals 200% increased damage and hits 2 additional enemies near the target.
- X’oni’s Caress – Haste / Crit Hands. Ironbark also grants 75% additional healing from active Rejuvenations.
- Oakheart’s Puny Quods – Haste / Versatility Head. Barkskin instantly grants 45 Rage plus an additional 15 Rage over 3 seconds
- The Mantle of Command – Mastery / Crit Shoulders. Dire Frezy gains 1 additional charge.
- MKII Gyroscopic Stabilizer – Crit / Mastery Hands. Aimed Shot increases the crit strike chance of your next Aimed Shot by 15% and makes it castable while moving.
- Butcher’s Bone Apron – Crit / Mastery Back: Mongoose Bite increases the damage of your next Carve by 10%. Stacks up to 10 times.
- Gravity Spiral – Mastery / Crit Head. Evocation gains an additional charge.
- Ice Time – Crit / Haste Shoulders. Forzen Orb exploes into a Frost Nova that deals 600% spellpower damage.
- Pyrotex Ignition Cloth – Crit / Mastery Hands. Phoenix Flames reduces the remaining cooldown on Combustion by 6 seconds.
- The Emperor’s Capacitor – Crit / Mastery Chest. Chi spenders increased the damage of your next Crackling Jade Lightning by 50%, stacking up to 25 times.
- Shelter of Rin – Versatility / Crit Chest. Sheilun’s Gift also heals allies affected by Renewing Mist for 15% of the amount healed.
- Anvil-Hardened Wristwraps – Haste / Master Wrists. Each time you dodge or an enemy misses you, you clear 5% of your damage delayed with Stagger.
- Maraad’s Dying Breath – Crit / Versatility Back. Light of Dawn causes your next Light of the Martyr to also heal your Beacon of Light. Each ally healed by Light of Dawn buffs Light of the Martyr by 10%.
- Saruan’s Resolve – Versatility / Mastery Head. Light of the Protector gains 1 additional charge has a 10% reduced CD.
- Ashes to Dust – Crit / Haste Shoulders. Enemies hit by your Wake of Ashes take 15% increased damage from you for 6 seconds.
- Kam Xi’raff – Mastery / Crit Back. Using Light’s Wrath reduces the mana cost of your damaging spells by 75% for 1 second, increased by 1 second per ally affected by Atonement.
- Rammal’s Ulterior Motive – Mastery / Crit Hands. Prayer of Mending leaves a buff on the target that increases Flash Heal, Heal or Holy Word: Serenity by 10%.
- Zek’s Exterminatus – Crit / Haste Back. Shadow Word: Pain damage has a chance to increase the damage of next Shadow Word: Death by 25% and remove casting restrictions.
- Mantle of the Master Assassin – Mastery / Crit Shoulders. During Stealth and for 6 seconds afterwards, you have 100% increased critical strike chance.
- Uncertain Reminder – Crit / Mastery Hands. Heroism effects last 75% longer on you.
- Wakener’s Loyalty – Crit / Mastery Head. Each soul shard you spend buffs your Skull of Man’ari, increasing the damage of your next Thal’kiel’s Consumption by 3%.
- Lessons of Space-Time – Haste / Mastery Shoulders. Dimensional Rift increases all damage you deal by 10%.
- Reap and Sow – Crit / Haste Back. Reap Soul lasts 2 seconds longer per soul consumed.
- Timeless Stratagem – Mastery / Crit Shoulders. Heroic Leap gains 2 additional charges.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 Legion Brawler’s Guild
The Brawler’s Guild returns for the first time in several months since it went away in the Legion pre-patch. A new guild means new everything, including having to get a new invitation from Emissary boxes and dungeon bosses. They can also be gotten from taking on the Vrykul in Shield’s Rest, though you may want to bring a group or some decent gear. Once you’re in, winning these one-on-one fights against custom NPCs gains you ranks, and ranks mean prizes as the old saying doesn’t go. Expect stratagems to pop up for various tussels once they’ve been researched.
This is the new currency of the Brawler’s Guild and is acquired from winning fights or completing Brawler’s Guild quests. It’s not used on cosmetic items or pets – more on those later – but in helping yourself and other players in the guild have an easier or more fun time. Here’s a list of what’s been found to be buyable so far:
- Bag of Chipped Dice, 100BG. Enables random brawl mode for 30 minutes.
- High Roller’s Contract, 100BG: Allows players to guess who is going to win fights, awarding gold and achievements for being correct.
- Blood-Soaked Angel Figurine, 250BG. Adds a graveyard in the Brawler’s Guild, letting the unsuccessful respawn more quickly.
- Brawler’s Potion Dispenser, 500BG: Gives free potions to players.
- VIP Room Rental Form, 1000BG: Gives all players access to the VIP lounge in a special location in the brawl area. Is usually only accessible to Rank 8 players. There are food and drink vendors, many of them rare.
- Free Drinks Voucher, 1000BG: Delivers free booze. FREE BOOZE.
Brawler’s Gold can also be spent on Rumble fights, speaking of which…
These are raid boss style Brawls where everyone in the area at the time is pulled in to one big fight. Cards to enable these fights cost 500BG each, and there are eight currently available. They involve everything from fighting a a giant horde of penguins to trying to knock off a terrifying giant moose. Again, these will likely be sussed out by guide writers and such soon.
Here’s what you get for going through those 1v1s:
- Battle Pet: Tylarr Gronnden, a little Gronn fella. Wowhead’s got the stats.
- Meatball: ex-follower, now champion Meatball. Again Wowhead has the specifics..
- Pugilist’s Powerful Punching Ring: an ilevel 870 Crit / Mastery ring that teleports the user to the Brawl area.
- Brawler’s Burly Basilisk mount: the game’s first basilisk mount is, for the time being, a Brawler’s Guild exclusive. Here’s a video:
- Shirts: Some challenge cards, special bosses you can choose to fight rather than doing so in order of the ranking up process, reward various shirts. Wowhead have the full list.
WoW patch 7.1.5 MoP Timewalking
Mists of Panderia is getting the full timewalking treatment in patch 7.1.5, getting its own weekend in the regular rotation. Ion Hazzikostas announced at BlizzCon that keeping a couple of expansions behind was the plan going forward, meaning it’s pandaland’s time now, a return to Warlords of Draenor next expansion. Here’s the dungeons that come with MoP:
- Gate of the Setting Sun – four boss dungeon against the mantids.
- Saboteur Kip’tilak
- Striker Ga’dok
- Commander Ri’mok
- Temple of the Jade Serpent – four bosses leading to defeating the Sha of Doubt.
- Wise Mari
- Lorewalker Stonestep
- Liu Flameheart
- Sha of Doubt
- Stormstout Brewery – three bosses inside Chen Stormstout’s home base.
- Yan-Zhu the Uncasked
- Siege of Niuzao Temple – mantids take the stage again with four bosses and a bridge to stop.
- Vizier Jin’bak
- Commander Vo’jak
- General Pa’valak
- Wing Leader Ner’onok
- Shado-Pan Monastery – fighting against corrupted shado-pan monks and another evil Sha.
- Gu Cloudstrike
- Master Snowdrift
- Sha of Violence
- Taran Zhu
- Mogu’shan Palace – one of the final fights against the Mogu, three bosses.
- Trial of the King
- Xin the Weaponmaster
A new timewalking dungeon also means a new timewalking mount, this one the final part of the Heavenly Cloud Serpent mount collection titled Yu’lei, Daughter of Jade. Here’s Wowhead’s video:
Mistweaver Xia sells that, along with a host of reputation items for Mists factions. Most notably this includes the Anglers, who sell the Reins of the Azure Water Strider, the most useful mount in the game that allows you to cross water at mounted speed. Wowhead have the full list of factions and their more interesting rewards.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 micro-holidays
These new, short events will happen across the year. Based on their various locations, it seems to be an attempt to get more people out into the old world areas, as well as some one-off fun for players who’ve rather seen it all by this point. Here’s the full list:
- Call of the Scarab (January 21 – 23): Commemorating the opening of the gates of Ahn’Qiraj in vanilla WoW patch 1.9. Alliance and Horde compete to donate more resources across an entire region, with their flag flying along the Scarab Wall for the next year if they succeed. Involves various quests to kill mobs, gather items and do old raids solo. Wowhead have a video:
- Tavern Crawl (January 31): A pub crawl by any other name, with a little big of mage help. Teleports you from tavern to tavern all around the world, with unique drinks at each. 300 stat food is on offer, unique drinks with cosmetic effects, and packages that give you a four hour buff that changes your helm model to something unique. Another vid from Wowhead:
- Hatching of the Hippogryphs (February 23): The day that new hippogryphs are born in Feralas. Will have a unique shoulder-mounted hippogryph cosmetic effect as a reward. Persists through death, can have its time extended by killing an elite mob.
- March of the Tadpoles (April 5): Baby murloc day, which is all you should really need to know. You’ll be helping the lil’ ones make the march across Borean Tundra to safety.
- Volunteer Guard Day (April 28): Saluting city guards will let you take on their appearence and presumably abilities, fighting off invaders as you go.
- Spring Balloon Festival (May 10-12): Balloon rides in various zones, as well as one event to kick someone out of the balloon mid-flight.
- Glowcap Festival (May 27): Sporeggar holds a mushroom festival to keep “the great Gshoo” alive. He’s a giant mushroom.
- Thousand Boat Bash (June 6-8): Everyone goes boating in Thousand Needles and has A Nice Time. There are five separate datamined effects with the description “You’re on a boat! Let’s party!” so you know it’s going to be a good time.
- Un’Goro Madness (August 10-12): A visit to the dinosaurs of Un’Goro. Datamining on this is fairly inaccurate as it’s so far out and work is likely still to be done at big blue to sort it out.
Blizzard’s official preview is here and oddly doesn’t include the Tavern Crawl holiday – whether testing lead to it being cancelled or it was simply left off the list remains to be seen.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 spell animation changes
As promised at BlizzCon and elsewhere, spell animations are getting a tuning in 7.1.5. Wowhead have a video showing off the new stuff, which is focused on Hunter traps and Mage shields:
WoW Patch 7.1.5 profession changes
Professions received some new items in this patch, here’s what’s on the way:
- Four neck enchants for:
- Deadly – 200 Crit.
- Master – 200 Mastery.
- Quick – 200 Haste.
- Versatile – 200 Versatility.
- Each has three ranks, going from 3 Leylight Shards and 10 Arkhana to a single Leylight Shard.
- A new quest rewards the Boon of the Builder shoulder enchant.
- Grants Sprocket Containers from kills, which contain various Engineering materials.
- Another new quest rewards the Rechargable Reaves Battery.
- Reaves has a 30 minute cooldown and various modules give him various effects.
- Four new goggle recipes with base item level 880.
- These have an on-use fire bullet effect and come in each flavour of armour.
- Head Shot damage buffed.
- Various old-school recipes that were removed during Cataclysm’s massive old-world revamp are returning, attached to quests. Details on Wowhead.
- All Vantus runes now given an additional 500 Versatility and have had their reagent costs halved.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 Bnet Balance for gold
As detailed in our separate post, patch 7.1.5 has a number of code strings indicating that the system to allow the purchase of account balance – which can be spent on anything from pets to copies of Overwatch and Illidan statues – for gold will be implemented. This already exists in a minor for, letting players exchange gold for WoW time tokens to pay their subscription, but is likely to have a significant impact on the in-game economy.
WoW Patch 7.1.5 auto-group finder
A selection of strings, listed below, suggest an auto grouping system for world quests along with some LFG changes are under construction for patch 7.1.5 or later.
- TOOLTIP_TRACKER_FIND_GROUP_BUTTON – Find Group
- AUTO_GROUP_CREATION_NORMAL_QUEST – Doing the quest [%s].
- AUTO_GROUP_CREATION_WORLD_QUEST – Doing the world quest [%s].
- ERR_LFG_DEAD – You cannot queue because you or one of your party members is dead.
- LFG_LIST_APP_DECLINED_DELISTED_MESSAGE – “”%s” is no longer looking for additional members.”
- LFG_LIST_APP_DECLINED_FULL_MESSAGE – “”%s” is full and is no longer looking for additional members.”
- LFG_LIST_PRIVATE – Private
- LFG_LIST_PRIVATE_TOOLTIP – Only friends and guild members of people already in this group will see it.
- OBJECTIVES_FIND_GROUP – Find Group
- PREMADE_GROUP_SEARCH_DELIST_WARNING_TEXT – You’re currently listing a group in the group finder. Would you like to delist it to begin this search?
This string also suggests that bonus rolls will soon reward artifact power rather than gold on a ‘fail’:
- BONUS_ROLL_REWARD_ARTIFACT_POWER – Artifact Power
WoW Patch 7.1.5 artifact knowledge catch-up
Various alt catch-up systems are being implemented in patch 7.1.5. A new quest, Knowledge is Power, will take 500 Order Resources to purchase one Artifact Knowledge level. This will work up to Artifact Knowledge 15. This will work for all characters, not just alts.
However, for alts another new system allows your main character who has already reached a certain Artifact Knowledge to purchase Research Compendiums that will immediately boost another character to a higher AK. This works up to AK 20. Past that point, all characters will be back on the normal path. Given the current in-game max is level 32, that’s just about keeping folks competitive assuming 7.1.5 comes out this month.
Full details, and some more practical examples, over on Wowhead.
That’s about it for patch 7.1.5 – so far anyway. Patch 7.2 will be next.